When I think of enjoying a real hardy soup with all of the high nutrients that’s easy and fast to do, I always think of my good old reliable Chilean Seafood Soup. There is nothing that you can throw in this that wouldn’t taste amazing! Growing up I remember my great-grandmother would make something similar to this, but a bit more scary since she added the whole fish including the head… I have modified the recipe, so that my kiddos won’t be as scared as I was when I would see that thing come out of the pot.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup bottled or frozen clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lemon , juiced
- 1 pound Chilean sea bass , cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo shrimp , peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 pound of clams clean thoroughly under lukewarm water to take out all the sand
- 1/2 pounds of mussels clean under lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Add the clams, muscles cook in medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, add the sea bass and the shrimp and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque. Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf, and stir in the parsley. Serve with a wedge of bread.